Culion: A Brief Story (Churches)
The walls of the church were taken from the old fortress built in 1740. Its base and surrounding walls are hewn from live corals, although concrete has been poured in some areas. In 1993, the church underwent reconstruction under the supervision of Fr. Hugh McNulty, SJ. In 1978, Ben SJ. In 2003, Fr. Gabriel Gonzales, SJ initiated the restoration and renovation of the church in order to restore their work and preserve it’s structural integrity through the generous support of Fundacion Anesvad.